Welcome to Sarasota Bay, I have been a Sarasota Bay Charter Capt. for 10 years. Sarasota Bay fishing is a diverse fishery holding Tarpon, Snook, Redfish and abundant other game fish. Wheather for a corporate event needing multiple boats to the to the Family trip of memories. You can expect a safe, friendly and exciting Sarasota Bay trip.
Many small islands surrounded by oyster bars, large grass flats and acres of baitfish provide an excellent fishing environment. Sarasota inshore fishing features a bay bottom of sand, shell, grass and oyster beds. My business is to put you on these fish, It’s not uncommon to see the water explode as hordes of baitfish are pushed to the top of the water by several different species of predator fish while the sea birds gather to feast on the injured.
As you drift across a grass flat or oyster bar casting for the
abundant trout and redfish, you can observe many mammals and birds
in their native habitat, which include osprey, dolphins, and manatees.
And, dont forget the white sandy beaches of Venice and Siesta
Key and the island clear water. Sarasota is truly a paradise to
Fishing Sarasota bay consist of many methods, from casting jigs at aggressive fish striking bait on the surface, to baits on the bottom around docks.
Experience is not needed at any age. I am happy to assist you in casting, hooking and fighting technique's to help you enjoy more success. Fly fisherman can expect a wonderful time with so many aggressive species that readily pounce on a fly.
* May and June are Tarpon season with pods of Tarpon ranging from 70 to 200 pounds working up and down the beach in the crystal clear warm water. These energy packed fish will test both tackle and angler to the limits. You can expect fights from 45 min to over 2 hours. With the fish jumping hi into the air and drags screaming to the point of near failure. A failure in the 50 pound braided line sounds like a gunshot. But, when you get one to the side of the boat it is a magical moment. Tarpon are a love or hate fish, anglers after their first fish either can not get enough -- or do not want another one.
* Answers frequently asked questions:
- No, sorry, I will not take husbands, wifes or kids as payment.
- No, the anchor is not a Mother-in-law life vest and they are required to wear it.
- Ladies we can be at a clean restroom in 15 minutes or a uninhabited mangrove island in less time.
- You can bring alcohol.
We promote "Take a Child Fishing"
30 yrs experience Florida
Saltwater Flats fishing
US Coast Guard Licensed and commercially
Trained in all aspects of on the
- I Provide equipment for a complete fishing experience.
“My son and I would certainly recommend John for a fishing guide. He is a hard worker and knows where the fish are feeding. We had a great day and caught the biggest fish of my life. Thanks a Lot!" - Larry Staggs
"Thanks a lot for the great trip today. We all had a wonderful time and by the way, we won both the largest fish caught by a client, Don’s 31 ½ “ redfish and the most fish caught by a client, David, caught I think 11. Thanks so much for making this a memorable time for everyone. I’ll come back for a trip soon." - Aaron
For more information or
your Fishing Trip, contact
Captain John Dixon
at: (941) 544-8357
I want to thank my sponsors:
Stren Fishing Line
Quantum Rods & Reels
For information on u.s. weather, check this site out
For Real Estate Info, or Siesta Key Rentals
- Tropical Sands Accomodations -
Captain's Picks of Places to Stay:
- Hampton Inn Ellenton/Bradenton -
5810 20th Court East, Ellenton, Florida 34222
- Gulf Beach Resort Motel -
930 Ben Franklin Drive, Sarasota, Florida 34236
Capt. Recommended Boat Rental Site
- Sarasota Boat Rental -
2 Marina Plaza, Sarasota, FL